TTT: Top Ten Nonfiction books I want to read this year



I read so much genre fiction. I love it, it helps me get through the day sometimes when I have another world to escape into. Genre fiction is entertaining and emotional and so much fun! But lately I have been making an effort to read more news articles and nonfiction books. Part of it is the whole "Be a well-informed citizen because this presidency is going to be full of misleading information and alternative facts" but part of it is just because I love to learn new things and I think reading is a great way to do it.

So here are the top 10 nonfiction books I want to read this year!

 Image result for ta-nehisi coates between the world and me
I've been meaning to read this for a while, and I actually just bought myself a copy so I am looking forward to this insightful commentary on how to live in a world where you are judged for the color of your skin - whether the world acknowledges that or not.
 27134496
This book was recommended to me by a friend, and a collection of essays on feminism in the South Asian community sounds like something I would really relate to.
 

This seems like such a happy, peaceful book, and I am very curious to read musings by such important figures of peace in our world
 

I've seen this memoir on a bunch of "Best of" lists, plus I've been listening to a lot of audiobook biographies lately and I quite enjoy them.
 
A friend recommended this to me...four years ago? I'm hoping to finally read this one!
 

I've heard nothing but great things about the movie, which I am planning on watching soon. It only makes sense that I also read the book :)


I've heard a lot of good things about this author, although I haven't read anything by him. 
Image result

I've read a lot of WWII fiction, but not much nonfiction (I think Eli Wesel's Night is the only one I've actually read). It's a very troubling time but I am always amazed at people's resilience and how people managed to survive together.


I love the xkcd comics and I am such a science geek, I think I would thoroughly enjoy this :)
Image result for collected essays george orwell

1984 was my first dystopian novel and it was incredibly chilling and insightful. I am excited to read some nonfiction from this genius author

blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up