The Obama book list




The sun is setting on the Obama presidency, quite literally. I'm holding onto the last few hours of feeling free because I know the Trump presidency is going to weigh down on me and my communities, as a woman, a child of immigrants, and a person of color. I know it's going to be a tough few years for many of us, but I will continue to do my best to support people whose voices aren't being heard.

To get through the next few years, to honor an incredible president and human being, and to check out the recommendations of a fellow bookworm, I'm going to attempt to get through this list of books that Obama has recommended throughout his presidency:

http://ew.com/books/2017/01/18/barack-obama-book-recommendations/

This is going to be a long-haul project, for sure. I'm thinking 5 years, reading one book every 2 months with a friend. I'm hoping that's infrequent enough that this won't feel like forced reading for school but frequent enough that I get through a sizable portion of the list. It helps that I've already read quite a few of the books on the list, or at least already had some on my giant TBR pile.

If anyone else wants to join in, I'll post which book I'm planning to read within the next two months and then post a review/discussion when I'm done with the book. It's going to be very low-key, it's more of a personal goal than a challenge to motivate other people

The book for January-February 2017 is: The Quiet American by Graham Greene. It's supposedly one of Obama's "forever influential favorites" so we'll see how this goes!

blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up