TTT: Top Ten Creepy Books I've read



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's theme: Top Ten Creepy Books


So I've been AWOL for 2 weeks, and I honestly don't have a dramatic reason for it. Life is just busy, applying to grad school is tough!

Even though I haven't been posting much, I have been reading. A lot of my recent reads have been creepy to get into the Halloween spirit, even though I don't usually read a lot of horror. That said, here are some of my favorite books that got under my skin.

 18498558

THIS BOOK TERRIFIED ME. Listening to it on audio made it worse (better?). It's subtle because you never actually meet the "Bad guys" and it's more about the creepiness of what you can't see than what you can.
 6324651

I just finished this on Saturday. It was my first Stephen King book/movie/anything and I loved it! It was terrifying but also, oddly enough, really beautifully written. The Overlook is one creepy old hotel.
 6366271
The absolutely most horrific and terrifying retelling of Snow White I have ever come across. It's a short story but it's incredibly dark and disturbing for such a short piece!
 7171771

mad scientist and man-eating monsters. Enough said.
 8442457

Gone Girl is creepy just because people are so messed up!
 21996

Serial killer in Chicago, many years ago. What's especially creepy about this one is that it's nonfiction!
 9736930
People are never who you think they are...
 22557272
Although I wasn't a huge fan of this book, I was definitely creeped out by how ordinary people can have such sinister secrets.
 26114463

Shadows that can eat you, blood portals, and never ending betrayal. This book is brutal!
 5297

The Picture of Dorian Gray isn't even supposed to be horror, but it's definitely creepy. Sometimes it's a little scary to see your inner self reflected in a mirror!
blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up