The A-Z challenge


Last year I got really ambitious and tried to fill out a bingo card for sci-fi and fantasy.

That didn't turn out so well, since about halfway through the year I just got too busy to try and read the books on my chart. I decided I wasn't going to do any reading challenges this year, but then I remembered a fun one I used to do that doesn't require too much effort.

It's called the A-Z challenge, and it's basically exactly what it sounds like. You try and read books that start with every letter of the alphabet!

There are some variations: some people only count titles, some do authors, and some count both interchangeably. I'm going to try doing just titles, but if I get stuck I might amend that to include authors :)  There are also obviously some letters that are really hard to find at the beginnings of words, so for Q, X, and Z as long as it's somewhere in the title/author's name it'll count.

So here's my A-Z chart, filled out with what I've read so far this year:


C: Court of Thieves by Kate Elliott (1/12)
G: A Great Hunt by Robert Jordan (1/22)
I: The Immortal Heights (1/5)
S: Shadows of Self (1/3)
T: Two Years Eight Months and Twenty Eight Nights (1/31)

Have you ever done an A-Z challenge before? Have you ever made it all the way through the alphabet?



blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up