Top Ten Tuesday 20 - Gateway books






Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme: Top Ten Gateway Books




The magic tree house books are the first chapter books I remember reading, and I loved them! They are probably what also got me into fantasy and historical fiction, two genres I still love.


These are also one of the first few chapter books I remember reading, and they got me into mysteries.

I read the Redwall series around grades 5-8, and loved them! These books made me less intimidated by large books with multiple narrators.



This book was the first science fiction book I read (I was 10 at the time), and I think I was too young because I didn't understand it very much.



But this book made me love science-fiction (read it when I was 14):



This book got me back into fantasy this year after years of on-again-off-again:


This book wasn't the first graphic novel I've read, but it made me want to read a lot more of them:

I know, I know, I don't have Harry Potter on my list. The thing is, I was already a bookworm before I started reading them, and while I loved those books as a kid, they weren't particularly significant or a gateway to anything. 
blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. You've got some great books on your list :-) I have got Harry Potter on my list, but that's because it pulled me into the magic/fantasy genre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica @ a GREAT readApril 1, 2014 at 6:30 AM

    Nice list! All new to me!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT
    day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always heard a lot about Ender's Game but didn't read it until the movie came out few months ago. Great list and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magic Tree House!! Those books are great fun! I didn't manage a TTT post today, but I did post a review of a book that I think absolutely everyone should read - check it out HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Mistborn series, and I'm so excited to start Way of Kings! He's one of my favorite fantasy authors right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Yeah, I figured Harry Potter would be a popular one haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle {Book Hangovers}January 4, 2015 at 2:23 PM

    I've just recently became obsessed with Brandon Sanderson and found myself collecting everything his written!!! LOVE!!!

    Great taste in books ;)

    check out my TTT

    Michelle ~ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up