Waiting on Wednesday 3 - The Dream Thieves



Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, where bloggers pick a book that hasn't been published yet that they are excited to read.

This week I am looking forward to Maggie Stiefvater's The Dream Thieves, the second book in the Raven Cycle.
Title: The Dream Thieves
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Genre: YA, fantasy
Date published: September 17, 2013

Goodreads summary:

Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...

Why I want to read it:

Maggie Stiefvater is an amazing author. Although I usually don't like paranormal romance novels, I enjoyed her Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy (Shiver, Linger, and Forever) simply because of her writing style. It's just so gorgeous and makes everything ordinary seem beautiful. The first book in this trilogy, The Raven Boys, was my favorite Stiefvater book so far. I loved the eccentric, quirky characters, the mysterious supernatural element, and the fact that it borrowed from Welsh mythology. Of course, I also loved the writing! You can read my review of the first book here.

Raven Boys ended on such a mysterious note that I had so many unanswered questions. I am looking forward to some answers in The Dream Thieves.

Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. New follower! I'm looking forward to this one too. I've heard it is better than The Raven Boys.

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just requested this one on Netgalley today. *Crossing Fingers*

    Jess @ www.suchanovelidea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Raven Boys has been on my TBR list forever! Great pick! Thanks for visiting The Library Canary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up